Sex sting charges against Patriots owner Robert Kraft dropped by prosecutors

Florida prosecutors have dropped all criminal charges against New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft in their sex sting case involving a Palm Beach County massage parlor, the Sun-Sentinel reported.

State Attorney Dave Aronberg was expected the elaborate on the decision at an afternoon press conference.

The turnover follows an appellate court decision last month that sided with Kraft’s claim Jupiter police unlawfully recorded him with his clothes off at Orchids of Asia Day Spa on Jan. 19, 2019, and Jan. 20, 2019.

Prosecutors previously said Kraft paid in cash and then got naked for sex acts.

The secret surveillance at the day spa led to solicitation of prostitution charges against Kraft, 79, and 24 other men.

In a statement released last year, Kraft said he was “truly sorry” for what transpired.

“In deference to the judicial process, I have remained silent these past several weeks,” Kraft said in the statement reported by ESPN.

“I would like to use this opportunity to say something that I have wanted to say for four weeks. I am truly sorry. I know I have hurt and disappointed my family, my close friends, my co-workers, our fans and many others who rightfully hold me to a higher standard,” he said.

Kraft said he’s always “tried to do the right thing” in life.

“The last thing I would ever want to do is disrespect another human being. I have extraordinary respect for women,” he said.

“I hope to regain your confidence and respect,” Kraft said.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x